Over 35 Years of Quality Service Provided
Jaguar Water & Sewer Services offers repair and replacement of water, sanitary and storm sewer utilities. With over 35 years in the industry, the Stiksma brothers and their crews are happy to provide the highest of quality workmanship to residents and businesses in the greater Edmonton area.
On-Site Consultations and Estimates are provided at no extra cost.
For centuries, lead was the material of choice for water lines and was still being used into the early 20th century. Due to obvious health concerns, lead pipes should be replaced as soon as possible. If you suspect you may have lead lines, call for a free consultation.
A leaking or broken water line can cause head-aches for your family or your business. Flooding and water damage are costly concerns and mould and mildew create additional worries. Your property and valuables are at risk of loss or damage and water service can be interrupted resulting in extreme inconvenience and threatened peace of mind.
Damage to water lines can be due to a number of factors:
- Corrosion can cause pitting. These “pits” can develop, over time, into small holes, causing leaks. This type of damage is most common in cast iron pipe.
- Leaks create additional moisture content around the pipe increasing the potential for further corrosion. The soil erodes around the pipe, removing the supportive bedding and increasing the potential for line collapse.
- Temperature changes can wreak havoc on water lines. As the ground freezes and thaws, the soil expands and contracts, creating pressure, heaving and movement. Frost will lift CCs and lengthy periods of winter cold will increase the chance and frequency of water breaks.
- Poor installation processes and workmanship, weak joints, incorrect pipe depth and size, and fluctuating water pressure can also cause damage.
Jaguar Water & Sewer Services is proud of the services it can provide for both residential and commercial clients.
Our Water Services include, but are not limited to:
- Water line tracing, repair or replacement
- Installation and maintenance of CCs, valves and risers
- Repair, replacement and maintenance of hydrants and saddles
- Supply of temporary water by tapping in to adjacent services
- After hours repairs to avoid minimal disruption to your home or business and restore service as quickly as possible
- Emergency call-outs
Sewer back-ups create odour, property damage and loss, the possibility for mould and mildew, and increased risk of disease. The restoration of your home can be costly and insurance claims can prolong the difficulties being endured.
Sewer back-ups can be due to a number of factors:
- Man Made Blockages – most often grease build-up, rags, clothing, and toys
- Tree Roots! Tree roots can extend for several meters below and around a tree. They can wrap themselves around a pipe and cause it to collapse and can work their way through cracks and joints, seeking moisture and completely blocking your line. Roots can be cut from the pipe by a router service. However, this is only a temporary fix – much like trimming a hedge – and must be repeated on a regular basis.
- Sagging can be caused by eroded pipe bedding. A section of the pipe may drop below proper grade and flow will be impeded. Solids can settle in the sagged area and build to create a blockage. Removing the damaged section, re-grading, and installing a new section of pipe is required.
- Cracks caused by age or ground movement can allow the surrounding material to fall into the pipe and create a blockage. Pipe replacement may be necessary.
- Non-Corrode Pipe or Tar Paper Pipe (much like roofing material) is susceptible to collapse. Hot water along the bottom of the pipe causes the “paper” to lift, softens the pipe, and causes the pipe to sag, restricting flow.
Jaguar Water & Sewer Services knows what it takes to keep your sewer running. Whether you are experiencing a back up or are simply worried a problem may be present, Jaguar is there to serve your needs.
Our Sewer Services include, but are not limited to:
- Sewer Camera Inspections
- Sewer Line Repair and Replacement
- Installation of Back-Water Valves
- Repair or Replacement of Catch Basins & Manholes
Request a Quote
We can help! If you would like to request a free consultation and estimate, visit our Contact page for information on how to reach us. We value your business!
Jaguar Water & Sewer Services Ltd. is COR Certified - Safety is our Priority